Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Loss of a great friend


As I sat eating lunch today laughing at a movie I was watching on my laptop, my mood suddenly crashed as I learned that a good friend of my family had passed away this morning. Jim Meeks was the best home teacher we ever had. He was my scout leader, my teacher's quorum adviser, my doctor, and my friend. I loved that guy. He was always quick with a joke (usually at my expense during exams). Jim is the one who stitched my left knee up after I cut it open. I remember walking up to him in church and saying, "so we have to sew it up right? Will that hurt?" To which Jim replied (in Jim fashion) "Well I won't feel a thing." hahaha. In fact last Sunday I was teaching in church and I had my class do an activity that he had shown me years ago and that had stood out in my mind. My prayers are with his family. God bless you Jim. Thank you for your life and example. I salute you and will always hold you in the HIGHEST regard- Justin Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment