Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh DEER!

So I've found a way to push my wife's buttons. I do so in jest, because I love her so. Last night we were discussing the way our new house should look. I've given her free reign on decorating our first two places of dwelling since we got married in 2006, and now I feel as if it's my turn. She loves to decorate things with a theme. Usually this consists of matching colors, however I'm going to up the ante and propose a bedroom composed entirely of "DEER" related things.

1. The framed Deer art. I would have this hanging opposite from where my head is. I would keep a small scope next to the bed on our nice oak night stands and I would look through it at this picture. I would put the cross hairs on the "prey" and then make a "pew pew" noise. I think this would strengthen our relationship.



2. Very western "cabin looking" bed spread and sheets. These are to be covered with animals of all shapes and sizes. Mostly deer of course, however nothing says, "red neck bed" like a few bears roaming your blanket. Moose and elk may roam as well, but in the end, it's the Deer that makes the bedspread "tie the room together." (oh and I may need to get wood paneled walls as well...not sure if she'll go for that).














3. "I use antlers in all of my deeeeecorating, oh what a guy that Just-on!" We need matching lamps on our matching oak night stands. I'm thinking, "let's stick with the deer theme again and make this work." Now in this case some are tempted to go with the Moose or Caribou antlers because they are nicer, but if you do that, it throws the whole "deer theme" into a tailspin and your room is now just a "game" room. Keep with the deer antlers, they're cheaper, and if someone ever breaks into your house, you can use them as a weapon (I saw it on Braveheart).




4. The mount....
And what "deer room" is complete without an actual deer head hanging over your bed? I of course would hang it at the HEAD of the bed (hahaha) and every night, just to mess with my wife I'd say, "Good night dear I love you." And she'd say, "goodnight sweetie." Then I'd say, "Oh you misunderstood, I was saying goodnight DEER...now goodnight sweet wife." I'd probably hear her swear under her breath before turning off our deer lamp, getting in our deer blankets and hearing me pull out my night vision scope and say, "pew pew."

Does anybody see this not working? Cause I think my wife is going to dig our deer bedroom. I should totally try out for that Extreme Makeover show. "MOVE THAT BUS!" The family stands there aghast at what appears to be an animal graveyard hung on every wall of the house. HAHAHAHA

"And timmy, I know you like basketball, so we decorated your room entirely in Milwaukee Bucks decor! Look we have a deer head here, an autographed deer antler, and a deer bed and a...."- Out

No comments:

Post a Comment