Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Geek Trifecta...the planets aligned




Does it get any better than today? My wife is working on some school projects on her lap top. I flip through the channels and the 3 gods of geekdom were there. On TBS they were showing the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, meanwhile Spike T.V. was airing the Holy Trilogy: Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Finally, on ESPN: NBA Playoffs. Now granted we are missing one member of the perfect Geek trifecta: X-men, but Wolverine previews abound during the commercial breaks. My dream line up was ended abruptly when I tried to hint to my wife that the costume that leia was wearing would be a keen addition to her wardrobe...and with that the channel was changed.

I own these all on DVD and can watch them when I please, but with the "previous" button on my remote, I feel powerful. Tree beard scene? Well then I'll switch over to watch the Death Star explode. Romantic scene with Han and Leia? Well then I'll flip back to watch the Witch King of Agnor get face stabby from that one girl who played the wife on War of the Worlds.

Speaking of wives, I am married to a most wonderful girl. She's not a fan of these trilogies, but she allowed me to name our son after my favorite rocker, so it's cool. Is anyone else as excited for the Wolverine movie as I? If not, watch the preview, ponder it, and go buy your tickets. SNIKT!- Out

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Sounds like a perfect TV day to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of geeky stuff...

    "...Witch King of Agnor get face stabby from that one girl who played the wife on War of the Worlds."

    Just for your information the characters name is Eowyn. She is the niece of King Theoden and Eomer is her brother.

    ReplyDelete