Sunday, May 3, 2009

Star Trek Movie Review...wait doesn't it come out next weekend?


Ok so my dream job would be movie reviewer, so expect a lot of them on my blog this summer. This summer is going to be awesome for movies. Wolverine, Star Trek, Angels/Demons, Night at the Museum, PG-13 TERMINATOR!, Harry Potter, Transformers, and the list goes on da da dump de dum HEY! If you've seen the movie I review, please feel free to comment and agree or disagree.

Star Trek-
So though it doesn't come out officially til next weekend, I won tickets to a special sneak preview this last Saturday. So so cool, they had security with night vision goggles making sure that nobody was pirating the movie.

STAR TREK WAS AWESOME! I can't give this movie lower than an A-. It was seriously so so so much fun. Now the problem is that when somebody says, "Star Trek" a good portion of people say, "NERDS!" and they run away. I'm not a "trekkie" so here's what I know about Star Trek: I used to watch Patrick Steward as Picard in Star Trek the Next Generation. I know the old school Star Trek was cheesy, but it had Shatner, so it's forgivable. I thought that Deep Space 9 was cool for the last 2-3 seasons because they brought back half of the Next Generation cast and the whole thing was one giant war. Now the reason that I'm going off on this is because I want you to know that I know very VERY little about Star Trek. I know 2-3 alien species names, I know the captains, and that's about it.

This movie is a prequel to the original series. We learn about Captain Kirk's ascension to captain of the Enterprise. We get introduced to the original crew of the enterprise as well. Spock was the best because I already know the actor's work as Sylar in Heroes, my favorite TV program. There was comedy, there was AWESOME action, and there were great space battles and special effects. Leonard Nimoy (original spock) shows up and does a great job. The only reason I gave this movie an A- as opposed to an A is that there were some plot issues where characters find the "needle in the haystack," only with the possibilities of space and such I would think that finding a needle in a hay stack would be MUCH MUCH easier than what happens in the movie. The point is though: If you are not a trekkie, if you have no idea what Star Trek is about, it doesn't matter in the least. You WILL like this movie, I promise you that.

Because I'm a Wolverine fan first and formeost, I still enjoyed that film more, and I advise all to see it, but as soon as you walk out of the theater, walk right back in and get a ticket to Star Trek. One of the only downsides to this movie is that you may sit next to a hefty guy who smells like "world of war craft" and has pointy ears. If you don't like this movie: you are a moron. That is all- out

No comments:

Post a Comment