Friday, May 22, 2009

A funny story...period

So my friend Brent sent me a link today with a funny story that someone had written on their blog. It involved 2 guys, a men's room, and a lot of laughter....

It dawned on me that I could tell a funny story as well, to make people have a better day. Problem is that most of the people involved IN the story, actually read my blog. So I'll use code names so as to protect the innocent...or not.

So I had graduated from High School in the summer of 2000. What a splendid time to be alive! Limp Bizkit's song from the Mission Impossible 2: Soundtrack was polluting the airwaves, along with "If I die before I wake at least in Heaven I can Skate" and "The boys in the hood." I decided to take my lady friends to dinner at the Olive Garden before we all parted ways to College, and Nanny-ships, and other such endeavors.

I picked them all up and we drove in my parent's ultra mega cool 15 passenger van to THE Olive Garden. One of the girls was feeling, shall we say, monthly sick? Or should I not use a question mark after sick and instead use a period. Not sure, anyways...we get there and I feel bad cause she is doubling over in pain. I find some kind of pain suppressant pill in the car's first aid kit, and it still isn't working.

So we sat down about to order and I asked her if there was ANYTHING I could POSSIBLY get for her to make her feel better.

She replied, "Not unless you can get me some Mydol"

Now I assumed that Mydol was kind of like a tums or a rolaids or something. And I knew for sure that I'd seen restaurants with those medicines sold right at the counter.

When the waiter asked if there was anything he could get for us, I piped up and mentioned that if he had some Mydol that would be great. He stood there...stunned...and finally was able to ask me, "ummm what do you need THAT for?"

At this point my friend who was in all of the pain started laughing and said, "Because he is cramping."

Suddenly everything became so crystal clear! A squared + B squared = C squared. Bruce Willis had been dead the entire time! And yes, if you grab a cigarette lighter, you get burned.

The girls erupted with laughter as the waiter stared at me and I felt like a complete moron. I was excited to have learned something new though: Mydol stops period cramps! So it wasn't that bad of an experience. Any time you can learn something new, it's a good thing right?

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!!! I had completely forgotten about that. It was such a classic moment in time. It was also very sweet of you to take us all to dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete