Monday, March 14, 2011

There goes my hero


My wonderful wife surprised me with tickets to go hear Aron Ralston speak at the University of Utah tonight. For those who don't know, that's the guy that 127 hours is based on...you know...the arm cut off guy.
Anyways, I drove up and met my friend Lane there. We drove over and sat next to my sister in law Lexi and her friend (practically a sister in law) Sydney.
He gave an incredible speech about the experience he'd gone through. He talked about the love he had for his family and for the son that appeared to him in a vision in the canyon, and now in reality runs around his house.
I was lucky enough to meet him when it was over. He was such a nice guy! The thing that I take away from his experience is to never give up. I've got some career challenges ahead of me and each time they sound frightening or difficult, I imagine a knife in my hand, hacking at my arm. Aron Ralston's words and experience have given me the skills to reach down and pour everything I have into succeeding. God Bless Aron Ralston for sharing his experience with the world- JR

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! He looks so much more 'with it' than James Franco (at least the Oscar James Franco).

    ReplyDelete