Wednesday, February 2, 2011

13...very unlucky. Someone needs to be the Bilbo to my dwarves!


I have 13 followers...
When Gandalf (insert nerdy snort) decided to accompany the dwarves to the Lonely Mountain for the gold, he stopped by Hobbiton to get Bilbo, the 14th member.

Don't leave me stranded guys...just click the "follow" button. I promise to try and make my posts less senseless.

Ok so I don't promise that...that's a promise I just can't keep.
We can chaulk that one up there with, "I'll cut down on my football viewing, I'll stop eating taco bell, and I'll not be renewing the Bush Tax Cuts."

So I was showing my students how to write a research paper on the overhead projector yesterday, and I was trying to show them how to make interesting titles as opposed to just titling the paper whatever the subject matter was like: "Titanic." That isn't a very interesting title, you know what is? "Glub Glub Glub, the story of Titanic."

I had a student whose paper is on JFK. They said, "What do I title it other than JFK?"

I replied: "JFK: One of America's Greatest Minds...All Over The Car."

Too soon?
How about the student who said, "I'm doing mine on Helen Keller"

I replied: "... .. ... .. .. .. .... .. .. The Helen Keller Story"

Then I just started throwing whatever I could think on the big screen.

"This is Why We Let Men Drive: The Amelia Earhart Story" (totally joking of course)

"Retribution for bad Anime: The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki"

I love my job...these kids are great!

In other news my book proofs just came back, I'll show you pictures as soon as the prints are ready and I'll supply you with the isbn number in case you want to own something that makes you THAT much cooler!

Who's going to be that 14th follower?

4 comments: