Tuesday, October 12, 2010

That's what I waaaaaaaahaaahaaaaant That's What I Want!


At some point in your life, an adult, probably a parent, told you that money can not buy happiness.

This same person probably told you that Santa Claus was real and that your face will freeze if you make bad faces for too long.

That's right, it's ALL A LIE!

Money can't buy happiness? Seriously?

Do you know what would make me really happy right now? A room in my house with a giant HD tv/Blu Ray, surround sound and stadium seating.

Do you know WHY I don't have that in my house? That's right...lack of money.

My good wife showed me some blogs the other night that she reads on a regular basis. She informed me that the people who run these blogs have quit their jobs and live off the advertising money they receive from their blog.

The other night I watched as a cute couple argued about how she was sick and he got sympathy pains over it and was now feeling sick when he really wasn't... They probably made $250 that day...if not more.

I hold no grudge against these people, in fact I find that their humorous musings are rather witty.

HOWEVER! I want money...dun dun dun dun DUN da na na na na na (clap clap clap).
That's what I want...

Money to make traveling with my wife to cool locations into a reality.
Money to buy the many worldly goods that seem a waste of time, but in fact bring joy to my heart.
Money to finally attend an NFL football game.
Money to get a new camera with more mega pixels and killer lenses
Money to go to Taco Bell whenever I feel like
Money to buy a Bear Tag and go hunting with an expensive bow that shoots explosive tipped arrows.
Money to buy grasshopper cookies weekly, instead of only on special occasions
Money to pimp out my Hyundai Elantra
Money to finally purchase the $799 Darth Vader costume I've always wanted
Money to hear the word "seafood" without the accompanying scream from my wallet
Money to fill my closet with NFL and NBA jerseys.
Money to buy my wife a house with her own closet so she doesn't have to look at my jerseys.
Money to buy actual Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper instead of Mountain Lightning and Dr. Thunder.

Money to give to the poor

(see now I seem like a really good guy instead of a selfish person. Can you picture the look on the fireman's face when I stuff his boot full of $20 bills?)

I've written a book that's all ready to publish, but I don't have the money to publish it.
I'm trying to get into grad school at BYU so that I can pay $12,000 in order to make more money?

So what do you all want from this blog? I'll do anything to make it as popular as those people who make $50,000 or more a year by telling about their daily lives.

Check this out:
This morning, I woke up to my alarm clock. Silly I know, but that's what I did. Then I went into the bathroom yadda yadda yadda I emerged victorious and dressed for school. I played jeopardy with my students and gave them a test...now...click on my adds...and give me money.

Maybe I should review movies every week?
Maybe I should give tips on grooming? (my wife will tell you that I should be reading a blog like that, not writing one)
Maybe I should blog about food?
Maybe I should blog about politics? (actually I've decided not to do that anymore. I think that standing on your soapbox on Facebook or a blog is rather cowardly and is now a feaux pas.)

So when somebody tells you that money doesn't buy happiness, ask them this:

"Have you ever seen an elated homeless person? or an overly peppy transient?"

The answer is no.

No comments:

Post a Comment