Wednesday, October 14, 2009

80's ROCKED, This generation is LAME


A friend and I were pondering 80's breakfast cereals during our break today...
What?
Serious?
Yes, it's true. We googled images of long forgotten breakfast cereals. We discussed classic 80's cartoons, and the fact that this generation has totally missed out on good stuff.

Let's use Cartoons as an example:

GI JOE
Transformers
He-man
Voltron
Thunder thunder thunder thunder cats HOOOOOOOO!
Ghostbusters
Eek the Cat
Bobby's World (don't ya know)
X-men
Batman
Tazmania
Loony Tunes
Duck Tales
Chip n Dale's rescue rangers.

I could go on and on with this list of incredibly cool cartoons.




What do we see when we turn the tv on now?
Pokemon
Yugio
and a bunch of other LAME Japanese wannabe shows where instead of defending Eternia or Thundera, people throw playing cards at each other with monsters on them....
seriously what the heck?
"Pikachu I choose you! to fight my battles because I'm too much of a wuss to jump into a Vultron vehicle and do it myself"

When I used to get cereal, there were PRIZES in the cereal. Magic Tricks. Baseball cards, action figures, cool spoons, etc. Now a days "If you collect 4 upc codes and mail them in with shipping costs, we'll send you a Hannah Montana dvd!!!"

LAME LAME LAME!




I say take me back to the day with Ninja Turtle Pies (remember, those hostess pies that had green Vanilla filling? eh? THAT WAS CLASSIC)



I hung a poster of Jacob next to Edward from twilight in my classroom today. I put up captions next to them saying, "Duck Season" "Wabbit Season" "Duck Season" "Wabbit Season"

My students didn't get the joke...How...sad...is that- out

1 comment:

  1. Half those cartoons you listed are actually cartoons from the 90's but 90's are just as cool as the 80's (if not cooler in my opinion). My two favorite 80's cartoons were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Real Ghostbusters(not to be confused with Filmation's goofy Ghostbusters).

    ReplyDelete