Sunday, May 8, 2011

Geek Week


Great week for Geeks. Yep I just capitalized "Geek." Midnight Thursday: THOR!
As stated in my review last week, it was epic. The review touched on the film itself, but the viewing experience is so much more. I love getting together with fellow "Geek" friends and hitting up the premiers of these movies. I know I know, "can't you just wait to see it tomorrow at a normal time?" Well yes I could, but I guarantee that your showing didn't have as much cheering and applause as ours did when Thor totally did that big beasty thing in. Yeah. Also, how many people showed up in costume for your 7:15 show Friday night eh?This Schism poster was free at Free Comic Book Day... The colors messed up on the scan but how cool is this picture? (for those of you who don't get it, Wolverine just off'd Cyclops)

Then on Saturday: Free Comic Book Day! I headed over to "Dragons Keep," in Provo. That store has been in the valley since I first started collecting back in the early 90's. The guys who run the store are very cool and it was nice to see so many people out. I was able to snag some really cool free comics such as "The Dark Crystal."

I also grabbed some back issues of X-treme X-men and Uncanny X-men. Mostly for the artwork by Salvador Larocca.

I found a gem in the original mini-series of "The Last Starfighter" from 1984. Classic 80's flick, which I've also blogged about. I scanned the covers to make a montage of awesomeness. All in all it was a great geeky weekend. My buddy John lent me the first season of "The Big Bang Theory." And that pretty much topped off a perfect trifecta of Geekdom... Carry on True Believers...carry on.

5 comments:

  1. Bret Anderson! We go way back... (okay, not way back. We had a bunch of classes together at school... that's about it) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bench was full so I thought I'd seductively lounge in front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like that time you missed the yearbook photo so we made you have a giant levitating head looking over all of us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah the giant floating head! Those were good times back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started reading your wife's blog, then read you were a comic book nerd and had to check out your blog!! Loved the review of Thor in the last entry!

    Just thought I'd suggest some new(ish) Green Lantern vol 4... you should definitely AT LEAST check out Green Lantern: Secret Origins before you and your geek friends hit up the midnight showing. You will not be disappointed! =)

    ReplyDelete